CLARET-CUP @RENEGADE CRAFT FAIR!
Boja and Donatella were selected to participate in this year’s edition of the Renegade Craft Fair! The festive two-day event will take place in Downtown LA at the beautifully designedGrand Park and it is a celebration of the creativity that characterizes our beloved city of Los Angeles!
Borrowing from the description by our hosts at RCF:
“The event will feature a curated selection of today’s finest independent Makers along with workshops, food trucks, music, and more”.
Boja and I will present our newly updated collection: Map-à-porter.
Map-à-porter means wearable map, portable urbanism, or neighborhood to go. It is a twist on the French term that describes a ready to wear garment and makes use of two interpretations of à -porter: to wear, and also to carry.
Our maps are wearable objects that talk about the contemporary city as seen by architects and inhabitants. See our product brochure here
Do not miss this great opportunity to come out and spend time with us and some other 250 independent designers, shop for the holidays and have a fun time!
Find more information on the event here.
Looking forward to seeing you all on December 13th and 14th!
- July 25, 2014, 8pm: Blind-(d)ate, a synesthetic dining experience. Join Claret Cup at Thank You For Coming for Blind-(d)ate, a tasting adventure where your eyes, nose and taste-buds collaborate in an unconventional way to enjoy food and create a collective, synesthetic eating environment. Bring a friend or two and let the whimsical names of the dishes titillate your imagination in anticipation for the food to come! Consider participating in Blind Print, a screen-printing workshop that precedes the dinner on July 13th.
- June 2014: Invited by Ingalill Wahlroos-Ritter, Director of the WUHO Gallery to participate as featured Woodbury University faculties at Dwell On Design 2014. Visit our work bench in Booth 2323 and try your skills in folding and snap-fixing your own custom leather folio in less than half an hour. We will be featuring our new, Hollywood neighborhood map silk-screened or otherwise impressed on leather patterns. Don’t like Hollywood? Come and play with us anyways! We will be taking orders for other Los Angeles neighborhoods and features to show on our upcoming map-folios. Dates: June 20th-22nd, 2014 at the Los Angeles Convention Center.
- May 2014: Participated as faculty to ZHUuGROUND14 International Workshop of Architecture at City University of Hong Kong. An active member of the Research Institute for Experimental Architecture (RIEA.ch) founded by Lebbeus Woods in 1988, Donatella co-instructed this intensive 2-days workshop in collaboration with Per-Johan Dahl (Associate professor at City U), Guy Lafranchi (director of RIEA.ch and principal of GLAD Caroline Dahl (principal of Smog Studio). Over 40 students attended the course building a 1:1 scale installation with the help of a Bamboo master scaffolder.
- April 10, 2014: Ghosts of Downtown Los Angeles, 71 Postcards on LA was finished and presented at the Downtown Art Walk by our Woodbury University School of Architecture students using the funds Claret-Cup received from the Maxine Frankel Foundation Award in 2013.
- October 2013: We have been selected to fulfill the position of Director of the Wedge Gallery at the Woodbury University Los Angeles Campus for the Spring of 2014. We will be posting program updates shortly.
- May 2013: Our project “We Love L.A…..most of the times” was the recipient of the Maxine-Frankel Foundation Award. The project will be completed by June 2014. Updates to follow.